When Should I Talk to My Financial Advisor?
As your life changes, it can difficult to know the right time to ask for help with your financial life, especially during challenging times. As your financial advisor, we can help you navigate these transitional periods and offer guidance that reflects your revised investment goals.
We set a regular schedule with our clients to review their wealth management plan and financial circumstances. This helps to ensure your strategy stays on track toward your goals or if any adjustments should be made. Depending on the complexity of your plan, we schedule meetings with you at least once a year. Buying or selling a home
can have massive financial implications. Before you buy or sell a home, make sure we are aware. Communicating your finances during this transition may give you a better idea of your budget and allows us to offer suggestions in adjusting your plan to better reflect your goals.Starting a new job
could affect your 401(k) plan or other retirement funds and change your financial goals. Make sure to talk to us if you are switching jobs so we can provide retirement plan distribution guidance and adjust your wealth management plan accordingly.Birth of a child or grandchild
can not only change your expenses, but also your saving patterns. It’s never too early to start saving for your child’s college education, so talk to us about the variety of ways you can save for college. If you are a grandparent, you may have available funds to help your grandchildren. We can help you understand what is possible within your particular circumstances.
These are things we want to know when meeting with new clients:
- What does your retirement look like?
- When do you think you will retire?
- How much do you need to save to provide income throughout your retirement years?
- Do you have an employer-sponsored retirement plan?
- Does your company make a matching contribution?
- Does your workplace offer a Roth 401(k) or after-tax retirement accounts?
- Does your spouse work? What are the details of that retirement plan?
- Does your employer offer a stock purchase plan?
- How can a traditional IRA or Roth IRA help prepare you for retirement?
If you are ready to meet with a new financial advisor who will value your needs, contact Kim, Korey, or Tyler at Kletschke Wealth Management Group of Stifel in Sioux City. Kletschke Wealth Management Group
700 4th Street, Suite 100
Sioux City, Iowa 51101
(712) 252-6931 [email protected]